We're all being challenged by recent events. Some people seem to have more free time now than in the recent past, while others are busier than ever. The one message that I really want to convey is a need to stay focused, both personally and professionally. I'll focus on the professional side...
Our chapter has accomplished some nice "victories" over the past year, and the last thing that we want to do is to lose that momentum. Our meetings are more frequent, the content more meaningful, and the direction is certain pointed in the right direction.
However, we still have a lot to accomplish, and I hope we're able to "keep our foot on the gas" pedal.
Here's a sample of some things that we need to do:
- Train and encourage our membership committee to be more effective and consistent in reaching out and communicating with members
- Develop new topics for meetings that will attract attention from a wider diversity of members
- Encourage more camaraderie among our members and make them feel like a part of the "process"
- Develop and maintain the approach of "invite, invite, invite!" It's a mentality that has to be developed.
- Create the feeling in the industry that being part of NAHU gives a distinct advantage over those people that are not members!
One of the messages that I have shared with our leadership team is to schedule time on the calendar for NAHU related items. Whether it be reaching out to fellow members, inviting new people, or coming up with new ideas, why not put it on the schedule and be sure that something is accomplished on a regular basis!