Many of us are delighted to be past AEP and gliding toward the end of OEP. As things slow down a bit, we need to ask ourselves this question: "What are we doing to be better at what we do?"
More specifically, here are some questions to ask yourself? (especially this time of the year!)
- Does my client management software system keep efficient records of my clients?
- Is my use of time as effective as it could be?
* Do I set time aside for learning?
* Do I allow outside factors to control my day?
* Do I find myself needing a better way to organize my day?
- Do I have a consistent system to communicate with my clients?
- Am I consistent about saying "thanks" to people for referrals?
- Do I take time to meet with peers and discuss business?
- Am I willing to share my knowledge and experience without asking for something in return?
REMEMBER, if you go to the NAHU website, there is a Medicare Portal, with resources to make you better. From Medicare news, training classes, compliance tips, to legislative updates. If nothing else, make it a point to spend 15 minutes a day a few times a week and explore those resources. Of course, we (NCAHU) are sponsoring the Medicare Summit in May - another great source for learning!
Enjoy the slightly slower time of the year, but be sure to take advantage of the few extra available minutes to make yourself better at what you do! You will benefit, and your clients will benefit!