Many of us are delighted to be past AEP and gliding toward the end of OEP. As things slow down a bit, we need to ask ourselves this question: "What are we doing to be better at what we do?"
More specifically, here are some questions to ask yourself? (especially this time of the year!)
- Does my client management software system keep efficient records of my clients?
- Is my use of time as effective as it could be?
* Do I set time aside for learning?
* Do I allow outside factors to control my day?
* Do I find myself needing a better way to organize my day?
- Do I have a consistent system to communicate with my clients?
- Am I consistent about saying "thanks" to people for referrals?
- Do I take time to meet with peers and discuss business?
- Am I willing to share my knowledge and experience without asking for something in return?
REMEMBER, if you go to the NAHU website, there is a Medicare Portal, with resources to make you better. From Medicare news, training classes, compliance tips, to legislative updates. If nothing else, make it a point to spend 15 minutes a day a few times a week and explore those resources. Of course, we (NCAHU) are sponsoring the Medicare Summit in May - another great source for learning!