The North Carolina Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) is a a (501)(c)(6) nonprofit professional association of health insurance agents and brokers serving the life, health and other associated insurance needs of individual consumers and business of North Carolina.
The objectives of this Association shall be:
- To promote the common business interests of those engaged in health, disability and related insurance products and services management.
- To advance public knowledge for the need and benefit of health, disability and related insurance products and services.
- To promote the adoption and application of high standards of ethical conduct in the health, disability and related insurance industries.
- To provide and promote a program of continuing education and self-improvement for Association members.
- To increase the knowledge and principles, functions and applications of health, disability and related insurance products and services.
- To promote education, legislation, regulation and practices which are in the best interest of the health, disability and related insurance industry and the insuring public.
- To encourage adequate protection against the hazards of disability as part of a well rounded insurance program.
- To do such other things and to carry out such other programs so as to further the purposes of the National Association of Health Underwriters.
The Association and its members recognize an obligation to present accurately, honestly and completely every fact essential to the client's decision as expressed in the National Association of Health Underwriters Code of Ethics which is considered a part of these bylaws.